Saturday 24 January 2015

Are the older generation being left behind?

Technology is a big part of our lives but mainly for those of a younger age. The older generation are not so keen on using computers to order their weekly shop, they find it easier to go out and do it themselves. Some older people can be stubborn

 about using these amazing tools available to them, or they're simply too scared to try. My parents often struggle with their phones and tablet and ask for help, they do try but they can’t grasp things as quickly as I could. They like simplicity, if I try to explain how to do online shopping or forward a message they give a blank expression not knowing when I am talking about. This is why I feel the older generation need support even if they can only watch a video online it’ll be more than what they could do before.


Adult classes for using computers are very common and often free, I feel these are essential to connecting the older and younger generation. They can see the benefits of being connected to everyone such as getting into regular contact with family that moved away  or even learning how to do something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment